Monday, November 21, 2011

Gingerbread Real and Nonsense Words

My kids are having such a hard time reading nonsense words. Am I the only one?????? I've made this activity to work on for the entire week with my kids. They are also just now really understanding the difference in vowels and consonants so I've created these words by vowel sorts. I have 6 real for each vowel and 6 nonsense for each vowel. I also have a record sheet. Visit my TPT store to see it. I hope some of you out there can use it. Click on any of the pictures below to go check it out. I now have it as a FREEBIE!!!! WooHoo!!!!!




9 comments:

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

You are not alone! I still have a handful that are struggling to get their 50/15!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Crayons and Curls said...

Thank you for these! Our Kinders have to read CVC words before Christmas and many of them are soooo struggling! :(
I appreciate all the help I can get! :)
Cheryl

Mrs. Cole said...

I hope your kids like them. We are just now starting on CVC words and it's a struggle.

Diana

Busy Bees said...

You are not alone!! It's hard for some to make the connection between knowing their letters and reading/sounding out words!! I am going to check out your freebie!!
Thanks!
Robynn
BusyBees

Mrs. Cole said...

Because I love hearing comments from all my blog friends, I now have this offered as a freebie!!!! We all love freebies. Get it and let me know how it works for you.

Diana

Amy said...

Thank you! This is really cute!

NiseyT said...

My kinder kids loved this! Thanks so much for sharing!

Sarah Stoll said...

Thanks :) I pinned this and am going to follow you!

Teachers Cannot Live By Apples Alone

Mrs. Cole said...

Thank you Sarah. And I'm glad you left your blog so I can follow you as well.

Diana