Sunday, July 14, 2013

MORE classroom design pictures

As you all know, I'm teaching 5th grade this year. My class is finally almost completely done. Here are more pictures. I hope you enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!
We will put our "wonderful words" from our novels on colored small cards with packing tape. I'm starting the CAFE so my kids will be reading novels they choose. I will probably have a class novel each grading period but they will be reading by choice for the most part. To make the yellow boarder, I used our P.E. teacher's yellow gym tape. I made the letters. You can get them here.

I hot glued dry erase boards to my bulletin board. The board is yellow tissue paper. I just crumbled it up and stapled it. It was really fast. 



Kids will use cloths pins with their names on them to clip where they are in the writing process. I will use a "writing workshop" model for my writing instruction.

I found this idea on pinterest but can't remember where (SORRY!!!). I will let kids clip their published pieces to share. I hope to have ALL kinds of writing. The blue outline of the eye ball is a knitting hoop. It was my best friend's idea. She teaches 3rd grade at my school (shout out to Mrs. Devine!!!!!!)

Just a shoe rack from Wal-Mart. I had to cut it because my cabinets are narrow. I need my kids to be self-sufficient.


This is messy right now but it is my kids' reading area. I have a beach/tiki theme.


This is my Boggle area (for Daily 5) and baskets for blankets for reading. Under the table are organizers with markers, highlighters, post-it notes, etc. I will use the dry erase board to write questions of the day such as, "What are you reading? What is your favorite quote? ect"



My dad built this podium. I'm sure I will use it for Common Core Standards for speaking and listening. But for now, it is storage for things the kids will use such as staplers, hole punchers, markers, scissors, etc. They will get what they need. No need to ask me. I WILL BE  BUSY TEACHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want my kids to own this classroom. 

Let me know how you organize your classroom. This is the first year I'm in 5th grade. I NEED all the help and advice I can get.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Rejane Balisi said...

Is your child struggling with Math? Are you worried about ypur child's math gradesas they continue to fall behind?

TeachMeWell is the answer of your problem: http://www.teachmewell.com/

TeachMeWell will provide the best value by continuing to develop more learning tools for all children, specially in Math.
http://www.teachercertificationdegrees.com/top-blogs/elementary-teacher/